Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sorry Dad..

My father always used to say the following lines when he was alive. He believed in them till his last day.

“If you lose money, nothing is lost
If you lose health, something is lost
If you lose respect, everything is lost”!!

But I don’t agree with him actually. He was wrong. My belief is different.

About money, I do agree with him completely. Money is just a necessity.
About health, if it worsens, do not worry. You can still be happy. Just that don’t worsen it further. Having said that, after all every soul has to die someday.
About respect; Don’t be bothered. If people respect you or not, if your image is intact or spoiled, if people call you characterless or a saint should always be a non issue. Nothing can alter your happiness. Don’t live for people. Live for what you believe in (which should not hurt others but).

Hence my version of what is lost is different. Here it goes…

“If you lose money, nothing is lost
If you lose health, nothing is lost
If you lose respect, nothing is lost
But… If you lose PEACE OF MIND, everything is lost”!!

Sorry Dad…

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree with your version....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you can keep "If you lose health, something is lost" ;)
    everything else perfectly agreed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool abecedarian.

    @Prashanth: Yes, I agree, if health is lost, something important is lost, but we have the choice of recovering as well.

    ReplyDelete