Friday, December 31, 2010

Hud Hud Dabangg - Utsav 2010 - The Year Ending Blog !


There are two things that pump up my adrenalin. No, it’s neither Sheila ki Jawani nor some spicy Biriyani. They are; a tennis court and a stage. Stage lets my creative juices flow and makes me come up with entertaining scripts and acts. The reason why my skits or acts have become popular in my company is the fact that I can understand the sensibilities of the audience.

This month we celebrated Utsav at our office and I participated in a fashion show and played Dabangg’s Chulbul Pandey which became an instant hit among the audience, thanks to the make up man. I thoroughly enjoyed the act not just because it sort of came out well but also because I am such a big fan of the character Chulbul Pandey (I’m not a Salman fan though). Read my earlier blog on Dabangg. Since it was the first time I was mimicking Salman, I was pretty excited (I can mimic SRK or Amitabh even in my sleep :-))

Apart from entertainment, I love stage coz it allows me to paint my face and change myself into a different character. In that span of time, I am someone else. I’m free from the shackles of my past or the future. I love being someone else(Actually I suffer from Tourette's Syndrome I guess). May be that is the reason, it shows in my performances. Most of the participants were freshers who asked me how come I was still passionate about these things even after so many years in the industry. I said, “I will keep doing these things even if I become a CEO coz the truth is, when I grow old I would end up dying either in a tennis court or on a stage somewhere”

Find the youtube link below which has part of the Mahabharat skit wherein I play Chulbul in the climax.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYzBKFQrCAs

This is my last blog of 2010. Thank you all for all the support, love and feedback for my blogs. Keep writing to me. I only wish to write better stuff the next year. I can only wish you all to start writing your own stuff. There's no better 'high' in the world than writing your heart out except playing a tennis shot or playing Chulbul Pandey :-) lol

Happy New Year 2011. Lot's of love and God Bless. Keep Rocking !!

1 comment:

  1. I liked that line on freeing from the shackles of past and future. I have seen your performace once on a team outing. I still remember it :)

    ReplyDelete